09 March 2008

Sunday Spotlight -- Johnson's Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar

My blog has moved! Please look for this and other posts here:
Mad About Kids. Thanks for reading!



Sunday Spotlight is a feature of my blog--each week, I highlight one product that I really like. This week, that product is Johnson's Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar.

What's so great about this soap? Well, I think it is just perfect for my boys because they can use it to wash themselves--and they can do a good, thorough job with it. Other soap bars are slippery or they don't lather well enough. And let's face it--young kids just aren't very well coordinated, so liquid soaps and bodywashes really aren't good options.

Johnson's Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar is like a regular bar of soap, with one big difference--the bar is encased in a netted pouch. The pouch is very similar in material to the shower poufs that many women use in the shower, so it is very gentle on the skin. Because the soap bar is trapped inside the pouch, it is extremely simple to get a really big lather. And, with normal use, the pouch is not likely to rip or tear (and by 'normal use', I mean regular bathtime use, such as keeping the soap pouch out of the mouth and away from sharp objects).

The soap itself has a light scent, perfect for either boys or girls. And since it is made by Johnson's, you can trust that it has been allergy tested. It is a very gentle soap.

How do I use it with my boys? I have two bars in our bathtub, one for Damien and one for Xander (they know which one is whose). When it is bathtime or showertime, each boy grabs his own sudzing bar and washes himself up all over, everywhere he can reach. Then I use the bar to wash his back. See how simple that is? It is so much less work for me--and it gives the boys their independence, letting them take care of themselves (at ages 5 and 6, this is still a big deal).

You can usually find this product near the baby products in most drugstores and mass merchandiser stores. The best part? It costs around $1--and, you can often find coupons in your local newspaper for $1 off of any Johnson's product. So, you can sometimes end up getting these soap bars for FREE! Well, you may have to pay tax, but that is still an awesome deal, isn't it?

Even if you have to pay full price, though, Johnson's Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bars are well-worth the $1 price tag. Try them out with your young kids and you will agree.

Disclaimer: Sunday Spotlight products are chosen simply because I like the product. The opinions expressed here are my own.

2 comments:

Pinching Abe said...

I love this product! My kids do too and it smells great.

Hariharan said...

best

best